The firefighters took the puppies to a vet where they were given anesthesia to remove the needles and relieve their pain.
$500 Visa Gift Card Giveaway
Click Here to Enter for a chance to win a $500 Gift Card.
Are cactus needles poisonous to dogs?
There is much debate on whether cactus needles are poisonous to dogs. Some studies have shown that certain compounds found in cactus needles can cause gastrointestinal upset, nausea, and even kidney failure in dogs. However, there have also been some reports of dogs being entirely unaffected by cactus needles, suggesting that the effects may vary from dog to dog.
At this point, it is still not entirely clear whether or not dogs should avoid contact with cacti and their sharp spines. While it is certainly possible that certain types of cacti may be harmful to our canine friends, more research is needed to determine which species are toxic and what exactly causes the difficulties described in some studies. For now, owners of curious pups should exercise caution when their pets interact with these prickly plants and take measures to ensure their safety if necessary.