A dog is a man’s best friend, but did you know that a human is a dog’s best friend too? It’s true!
We can tell you from personal experience that there’s nothing a canine companion loves more than human companionship. We love (and need) to spend time with those close to us, and appreciate every little pat, scratch, and pet we get! We enjoy spending time with other dogs too, but not in the way that we spend time with people. That’s a whole different ball field (oh man, now we’ve got ourselves distracted)!
Many people can’t or don’t like to spend time with other people. In fact, many dog owners prefer time spent with pets over their friends, and that means a lot to us!
Here are some of the primary reasons why humans might want to hang with their four-legged friends rather than their human (air)buds.
- Dogs have boundless love. As an added bonus, we won’t judge anything about you. We also don’t care about what other people think. To us, you’re always number one!
- Dogs make great listeners! We’ll sit right there and listen to you talk about anything, anyone, or any problem you have. And guess what? We won’t tell anyone on you, either!
- Dogs don’t think that cuddles are weird. You can snuggle, cuddle, and curl up with us no matter how old you are, and you can bet that we’ll love it from start to finish!
- Dogs love your hobbies as much as you do! We probably can’t do things as well as you can, but we’re totally on board with whatever you have in mind.
- Dogs are happy at any stage of life. Old or young, we’re proud to stand by your side.
Let’s check out what these five dogs have to say about why their humans love pets more than their friends.