I remember when I was just a baby and would drink my favorite puppy milk.
Every morning my human would make me my pawsome breakfast and it was delicious. But, now that I’ve grown into a big dog, I heard my mom say that I need a ‘healthier diet’…whatever that means! At least she tells me I’m a good boy.
It seems like humans love oat milk almost as much as I love humans (and that’s a lot). I mean, just the other day my human bought a tasty puppycino for me from our favorite coffee shop during our walk.
I remember after she scratched my head, that she asked for oat milk in her coffee. It smelt so delicious that I jumped up to get a closer look and it spilled everywhere. Accidents happen, right?
Anyway, if you’d like to know if us four-legged companions can join in on the oat milk love, I’ve been given the very important task of letting you all know.
We dogs don’t like to ask too many questions, we’re too busy having fun. But, seeing as humans are the total opposite (hey, I watch talk shows while my mom is at work!) I’ll be answering all of your pressing questions below. Well, what are you waiting for?
Read on. Woof!
Can Dogs Drink Oat Milk?
Just like your species babies, we dogs don’t actually need to have any milk once we have been weaned as puppies.
After that stage, foods like tasty chicken become much more appealing. However, oat milk is ok to be given to us as a tasty treat now and then.
The bottom line, dogs can drink oat milk, although it should only be given on occasions. Moderation is key!
Is Oat Milk Toxic for Dogs?
This brings us to our next question. So, seeing as oat milk is safe for dogs to drink, no, it’s not toxic or dangerous for us to drink, so don’t worry about that.
Even so, it’s still a good idea to air on the side of caution, as too much can cause us to have belly aches and indigestion issues, and we don’t want that!
Can Puppies Drink Oat Milk?
Now, here’s where things get a little different. Though it is totally safe for our little ones to enjoy oat milk, that doesn’t mean that it’s going to be good for them.
This is because very young pups need to properly get their nutrition and stay hydrated from their mom’s milk, just like human babies.
Then, as we begin to get a little bigger and start to gain curiosity, explore the world, and play, we move on to solid foods.
When this happens, we swap out our mom’s milk for good old water, so if you wanted to, you’ll be able to begin introducing a little oat milk into your growing pup’s diet as a treat. Yum!
Is Oat Milk Good for Dogs?
Oat milk has plenty of benefits to us dogs. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- Oat milk is very low in allergens, so it has a low chance of causing any irritation.
- Many of us dogs are usually unable to drink dairy products, so oat milk is a delicious alternative for us to enjoy as a treat from time to time.
- It’s great for a dog’s bone health, as oat milk is enriched with a range of antioxidants, minerals, and essential nutrients vital to our health.
- Oat milk is a very good source of fiber, so it will help to keep our coats looking nice and shiny, not to mention helping dogs who have bowel problems.
- Oat milk also helps to boost our doggy immune systems and is able to help lower the chances of anemia from developing.
How to feed oat milk to dogs?
As an owner, it’s up to you to make sure that you feed the oat milk to us correctly.
So, to make sure that you are properly caring for our wellbeing, here are some tips to make keep in mind before you give oat milk to your pooch:
- Even though oat milk is yummy and tasty to us, it’s important to make sure that we only have it in moderation, as too much can be unhealthy for us.
- In addition, though oat milk has a low chance of causing any allergic reactions, you should still make sure that your puppy doesn’t have any allergies to the ingredients inside oat milk.
- Where possible, it’s important that you only purchase unsweetened oat milk, as some can be very high in sugar, which is bad for us.
- You should make sure to consult a vet if you’re unsure whether or not your dog should be drinking oat milk – it’s better to be safe than sorry, as some brands contain a dangerous ingredient that goes by the name of Xylitol. It is very toxic to us, and may cause liver injuries in your four-legged pal.