Sometimes I wish I could be a puppy again. I miss using the puppy head tilt. Humans think it is so adorable. They take lots of photos. The puppy head tilt is what puppies do when they are trying to think about something serious. Or when they have to make an important decision—or listening for a reason to bark. Check out these 23 adorable pictures of puppies with puppy head tilts. I’ll clue you in on what they are thinking.
1. This red and white puppy is listening intently. To what? We will never know.
2. This young labrador retriever sees something he wants on the other side of the fence. Should he try to climb over the top or dig his way under the bottom?
3. “If my paws were dirty, she wouldn’t be taking these pictures. I would be in big trouble for jumping onto this chair.”
4. This puppy looks so worried, as if she is responsible for the world. Cute, adorable, but also worried. She’s just deciding where to sniff next so she can find a spot to poop.
5. This french bulldog puppy has a great head tilt angle. That neck is flexible! She’s deciding if she wants to stay still or dash off and run down the beach.
6. This puppy ran around all morning. Now he wants a nap. Or a snack. He can’t decide.
7. “Really? A sweater? I have a fur coat. Save the sweater for a snowy day.”
8. “What are these crunchy brown things? Should I attack?”
9. “Walk? Now? NOW?!”
10. “Where did I bury that bone?”
11. “Why are you talking so loud? My ears are fine. I can hear you fine.”
12. This puppy is curious about the dandelion seeds. He wonders if he should blow on them or eat them.
13. Now, this dog could use a sweater. He’s done his business and wants to go inside RIGHT AWAY.
14. I wouldn’t play cards against this puppy. She has quite a ‘poker face.’
15. “Please take down the gate at the top of the stairs. I know there are lots of fun things to chew on up there.”
16. This labrador retriever is trying to wait patiently for his human to throw the ball. Patience is hard for a puppy. He’s a retriever, not a model.
17. “Stick? Ball? We’re outside. Let’s Play!”
18. “We look nothing alike.”
19. This pup is wondering if the photo shoot is over. He wants to run and frolic.
20. “I am a ferocious lion.”
21. This diva is wondering when someone will bring her water and a treat.
22. “Does my human family love me as much as I love them?” Of course, puppy, of course.
23 “Why are we leaving the park? I was having so much fun.”
I’m no longer a puppy. Now when I tilt my head, a human checks in my ears for ear mites. I hope you enjoyed my puppy translations. Thanks for reading, Ralph.